As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
So you’re looking for the Best folding Bike Under $300?
Our top pick is the Schwinn Loop because it’s a quality bike from a renowned brand at a very affordable price.
- Very affordable bike on a low budget
- Excellent build quality
- Well thought out design
- Exceptional braking system
- Simple and fast folding mechanism
- Effortless to store away
- Heavy bike that is fairly bulky, even when folded
- Handlebar does not adjust
- Fairly thin layer of paint
- Cannot tie or lock wheels after folding away
- The crank set can easily be worn
Best Folding Bike Under $300 – Schwinn Loop Review
This Schwinn Loop 7-Speed Review will focus on the bikes features, specifications, pros and cons.
We will also be giving a background into the Schwinn brand and finally an overall conclusion of our opinion of the bike.
“The Schwinn Loop 7-Speed folding bike is popular among the folding bike community and to those looking for the best folding bike under $300, as it’s known for being a relatively inexpensive but quality bike.”
Firstly, let’s begin with a background into Schwinn.
The company was established in 1895 by Ignaz Schwinn who originated from Germany, and after relocating to America began developing Schwinn Bicycles.
Since the companies creation it has steadily taken over a large proportion of the bicycle and fitness market thanks to their commitment towards ensuring quality and providing new and innovative bikes with enhanced functionality for a wide range of users.
The Loop itself has been designed to be an ideal method of efficiently travelling into work and even just travelling around your local area.
Furthermore, it’s folding mechanism is among the highest quality of folding bikes you can buy within its price range.
However, though the Loop 7-Speed comes with many benefits, it does lack some features seen on more expensive folding bike ranges.
As you can see from the above video, the Schwinn Loop 7-Speed is not the smallest of folding bikes on the market.
In fact it can indeed be relatively bulky to carry compared to the more premium models around.
However, its simple folding mechanism enables it to be easily put away without too much effort.
This test ride perfectly identifies the pros and cons of the Schwinn Loop 7-Speed, it functions as an entry level folding bike should.
The bike lacks some features that some of the more premium bikes boast, however it enables those looking for a cheap folding bike a potential avenue to try them out without breaking the bank.
Expect a well built bike that will do what is required and little more.
- Shipping Weight – 21.3Kg (46.9lbs)
- Breaks – Long-lasting front and back linear pull breaks
- Gear Shift – 7-Speed Shimano grip shifting
- Frame – Low stand-over folding alloy frame. (For easier folding and storage)
- Maximum Rider Weight – 104KG (229.3 lbs)
- Additional Features – Comes with a nylon bag used to store the bike
- Weight – 15kg (33lbs)
- Folded Size – 40cm x 82cm x 66cm (16″ x 32.5″ x 26″)
- Colors – Black and Green
- Wheels – 20-inch alloys
- Crank – 3-piece single crank set
- Box Dimensions – 72cm x 43cm x 77cm (26.9′ x 16.9′ x 29.9″)
- Other: Road spray protection added the front and back of the bike
- Carrier: Built-in carrier at the rear of the bike (for carrying items whilst travelling)
Concluding Remarks – Best Folding Bike Under $300
To conclude this Schwinn Loop 7-Speed Review, I will highlight and compare some of its more positive and negative features.
To begin with, the Loop 7-Speed has a well-designed and sturdy frame.
Although, the bike is not as flexible as other folding bikes due to its weight and bulkiness and there isn’t a locking mechanism once it has been folded away.
I do believe for this price that this bike is an excellent choice since you still have the great features listed above.
The Schwinn Loop is one of the cheapest folding bikes and despite its downfalls, it’s a truly fantastic budget option.
This bike remains as one of the most popular cheap folding bikes on the market, and for good reason.
Thank you for reading my Schwinn Loop 7-Speed review!
I hope I have clearly outlined all of my thoughts about this budget level folding bike.
If you too own the Schwinn Loop, please do let us know what you think in the comments section below.