As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Whether you have heard of Xspec bikes before or not, you should certainly pay attention to this review of their new 21 speed full-size folding mountain bike.
A relatively unknown quantity within the folding bike community, Xspec have produced a gorgeously styled folding mountain bicycle that enables riders to effortlessly transition from the road to the off-road trails.
These fully functional folding mountain bikes are what have been missing from the market for a long time, they enable leisure riders to take their bikes on their daily commute but also off-road too.
Available in a wide range of colors, the Xspec folding mountain bike is quite the looker as well!
Xspec Folding Bike Review
This Xspec bike has an ample amount of gear speeds so it copes beautifully on the road as well as when you are off of it. In addition to this, this folding bike also comes with both front and read shock absorbers, and impressive ones at that.
The bike effortlessly reduces shock impact when riding off-road, it genuinely is ready to tackle the most difficult of terrain – as advertised.
The Xspec folding mountain bike comes with 26″ wheels, they are perfect for traversing a city at high speed, but also for maintaining stability off-road too. While the wheels are quite large to carry around with you all day, they aren’t completely useless on a folding bike whatsoever.
The bike, when folded away, easily fits into the back of a car and after carrying the bike for approximately half an hour, I wasn’t too bothered by it. Obviously purchasing one of these folding mountain bicycles is going to be slightly more of an inconvenience than a typical 20″ folding bike, however if you require larger wheels for your off-road usage then certainly don’t shy away from the Xspec.
- Provides a stronger, faster, more reliable stopping power than the traditional V-Brake Systems; Disc brakes also do not wear out your tires and last much longer; Since disc brakes are much more consistent you’ll be able to judge braking more accurately
- High tensile steel folding frame that could withstand rough mountain trails and folds flat in seconds with no tools required
- Includes Shimano products that are known to last, including derailleur and shifters; Also includes alloy double wall rims with 26" diamond wheels and 22. 5'' handlebars.
- Front & rear shock absorbers that could withstand many tough terrain mountain trails or daily commutes
- Recommended for rider's height 5'3"-6'0". Max weight up to 220lbs - Light Assembly/Tools Required. 30-day included for all orders purchased from the authorized seller, Crosslinks.
Last update on 2021-04-17 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
- Folded Size: 13.1″ x 26.5″ x 33.9″
- Weight: 41lbs (18.6kg)
- Speeds / Gears: 21
- Gear Shifter: Shimano SL-TX30
- Derailleur: Shimano RD-TZ50 Rear Derailleur
- Folding Time: 15 seconds
- Wheel Size: 26″
- Frame Type: XVT-100
- Brakes: DHV-109
- Max Rider Weight: 250lbs (113.4kg)
All in all the bike isn’t the most refined folding bike by any means, however for the price it is a well built folding bike that is functional in a wide range of scenarios. It isn’t one of the best, but it certainly does the job – and more!